
Right after I moved to B-ville Marilyn asked me if I wanted to help cook for her "little dinner theater". I vividly remember Lori, her daughter, yelling RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Well I didn't because I love to cook and 6 dinner theaters later, it was that time again. One of the DT I was the head cook, which I have never done again and another I acted in a play, which they sent me back to the kitchen! So thursday Lori, Amanda, & I cooked for 36 people. Lori picked the menu, a chinese theme - it was good and we had great reviews. I mastered Egg Rolls (75 of them)! Then we gathered again on Friday at Lori's house and did it again but this time with the master supervision of Marilyn, who started it all! Marilyn joined us friday night and I was sad that I didn't bring my camera with me to get her picture. It is a lot of work but we always manage to make the best of it and have fun in the process! We usually forget something the first night, fortune cookies, but we get the MOJO going and as Amanda says "Stand back and be amazed." Marilyn, Lori and Amanda represent 3 generations in their family and are all amazing cooks and full of many talents. I have come to enjoy this annual event because of the time that I get to spend with these 3 ladies.



4 comments:
I have never heard of a dinner theater. What is it? It looks like you were right at home. Every time I see you I think about how much I miss you. I am glad that you have good friends though and are having a good time there.
And aren't you just as cute as ever behind the scenes cooking for everyone... lovely and delicious!
Dinner Theater is a night to eat a dinner and watch a short play at someones home! Only 2 good friends would leave comments like that! Thanks!
Oh, you are so sweet! We love you, Steph! Just glad you can put up with us, we always say "never again!" but somehow we always get sucked back in....
Lori & Amanda
Post a Comment