13 years ago
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Dominican Vacation
Tim & I just got back from a great vacation in the Dominican Republic. We started out by staying the night at my sister Joanne’s house in New York. It was great visiting with all of them. We then stayed for 4 days in Putna Cana at a very nice resort and went horse back riding, snorkeling, golf and ate some great food. Not to mention relaxing on the beach and by the pool a lot. I managed to read 2 books completely and start on a 3rd, it was fabulous. Then we went to Juan Dolio and stayed at another resort which was nice also. Tim played more golf while I rode in the cart and read a book. We went to Soana Island which was very cool and rode on a catamaran to the island. There we really got to have some traditional Dominican food, rice, chicken, and beans. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes on just one of my legs. I am talking about 14 bits and was a little worried about malaria because some freak in the store asked me why I didn’t take malaria pills before I came. Well a doctor in the Soana tour told me that I would be fine. But I smelled like a nice combination of mosquito repellant and tanning lotion, it was lovely. Of course I got a little more burned then tan and Tim got red (“not burned”) then just dark. It is so wrong that I am such a white girl. In fact we weren’t even in the DR but 2 hours and we got to the resort and the concierge asked Tim if he was Dominican, he hadn’t even been in the sun all winter. SO WRONG! On our drive from one resort to the other we really got to see some of the towns and the sugar cane fields which were very fascinating. It really makes you appreciate the USA and every child should see that type of poverty to really appreciate what they have in their life. There was garbage everywhere and I can’t even describe it because it really can’t be put into words. The people are very happy and polite and know that the tourist help their country and we never really didn’t feel unsafe. Baseball is huge there and every clean or open field has children playing baseball. We saw one girl playing with 3 boys in front of her apartment building in hair curlers. She was batting better then the boys. It was funny to watch. We really had a fabulous time and enjoyed ourselves very much. This was the first vacation we have taken together just us and not for Tim's work!
Posted by GANG GREEN at 11:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
The Water looks lovely! Glad you got to go:)
Post a Comment